As promised a new recipe. Every now and then I want something a little savory but not too fattening. Asparagus and andouille sausage does the trick for me. Just stick with me. You can have it for lunch or dinner. And you can make it in 25 minutes! My recipe serves 2. Well 1 1/2, Eli is a growing boy and he can put some food away. So double, or even triple the recipe for a bigger family.
1 package of asparagus
3 links of sausage
1 red potato (if desired)
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
Black pepper too taste
1/4 cup garlic vinaigrette
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Cut Asparagus spears in three
3. Place asparagus in a lightly sprayed baking pan with potato cut into thin slices. Season with salt and black pepper. Coat with the garlic vinaigrette. Place in oven for 20 minutes.
3. Place sausage in a skillet on med/high heat. After 10 minutes turn heat down to med/low heat for 7 minutes.
4. Transfer sausage to asparagus and potato mixture. Stir. Let cook for five minutes.
5. Remove from heat and enjoy.