5 Green bell peppers
1 yellow bell pepper
1 orange bell pepper
1 red bell pepper
1 white onion
1 1b ground turkey (you can use ground beef or chorizo as well)
Pasta sauce *I make mine from scratch, but Kroger has a roasted red pepper with garlic sauce that works in a pinch*
1 cup of Monterey jack cheese
2 cups of rice
Salt ( I cook mine without salt)
Mrs. Dash- table blend, southwest chipotle, onion and herb
8 roma tomatoes
red wine vinegar
1. Heat your saucepan with enough oil to coat. Once heated add your meat of choice on medium high. Be sure to season the meat during this time.
2. While your meat is cooking cut of green bell peppers in half and hull them out.
3. Cut remaining bell peppers and onion finely.
4. Once meat is done remove from heat
5. At this time you'll want to cook your rice. *Honestly, guys I use the 10 minute rice and throw it in a pot* Judge me if you want, but my rice isn't overcooked.
6. Cut your roma tomatoes into four sections.
7. Place in your blender or food processor.
8. Add 1/2 cup of red wine vinegar, basil leaves, oregano, and 1/2 cup of your bell pepper and onion mix. Blend for 60 seconds or until smooth. Add 1/4 cup of water if it's still pretty chunky.
9. Let simmer for 30 minutes.
(or throw some jarred or canned sauce on there)
Bringing it all together
10.Preheat your oven to 375 degrees
11. Add your stuffing mix into the green bell peppers
12. Cook for 40 minutes
13. Remove from oven, spread cheese over the top of peppers
14. Place back in oven for five minutes
15. Place sauce on the top and enjoy
-Prepare the veggies and sauce the day before to cut actual cook time down.
-You can also freeze the sauce so you don't have to make it again the next time